Sunday, July 03, 2011

Final enginehead Diptych

These are the most recent enginehead pieces. With them I feel that I've completed my exploration of finding "engines" that fit personalities. Although I do intend to continue with the enginehead series I am looking at working more with the figure in the next set.

Finished Steam Engine. I wanted to talk about those people that need pressure in order to work. The pressure of multiple tasks and deadlines perhaps, or the pressure that comes from internal and external influences working against one another. This piece is actually very bright and yellow. Unfortunately, the color did not capture so well.

Finished AC Motor. Here I wanted to talk about weighing decisions constantly -- looking at both sides in order to find the solution.

No comments: