Monday, November 24, 2008

Art Crawl Houston 2008

Here are some photos from the studio. This was my first Art Crawl (as an artist), and we had a great time. There were lots of people coming through Mother Dog Studios.

This is one of the walls I had in the studio. Since I share a studio, we each got two walls. Fortunately, I didn't have too many pieces, hehe.

This is the back wall of the studio, I had my portfolio out on the table, and some more paintings hanging. The one in the middle is a painting I started that day during the crawl.

And here am I painting while people were walking through the studio. Of course I took every opportunity to put down the brush and talk to people. I had a great time explaining my pieces, and was happy that people were interested enough to hang out and listen.


Here I am working on the painting. I'll be sure to post it when it's finished. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough time during the crawl.

And for those keeping score here is the beginning of the painting from Art Crawl. I didn't start with any concept, I started with the paint flowing down the canvas. The yellow blobs turned out to be people after all.

No comments: