Sunday, October 05, 2008

Wednesday Night Life Drawing

Had another great Life Drawing session at the Art League October 1st. Here is one of the sketches that I'm going to continue to work with.


I've been wanting to work more with these pastel sketches, but of course it's difficult without fixative. I mixed up some water and acrylic matte medium in a spray bottle to use. I made this quick sketch as a test. I've already gone back in with some prisma color. The matte medium kinda worked, but it obliterated my finer shading and splashed little pastel filled drops all over the paper.


By the way, here is an update on the sketch of Cory from the last session. I used the matte medium spray on it, and then started going over it with burnt umber and burnt sienna glazes. Still not sure about this process. Oh well, live and learn.

No comments: